Natural Roots is pleased to offer a comprehensive, advanced apprenticeship program for aspiring and experienced farmers. The following is a list of the strengths of our apprenticeship program:
- Commitment to teaching and to learning
- Organization and clarity
- Passion for excellent agricultural practices
- Focus on soil building, cover cropping, soil nutrient balancing, and the cultivation of nutrient dense crops
- Cultural weed control strategies
- Methodical teamster training curriculum
- Building horsemanship skills including nutrition, harness care and fit, hoof care, and round pen training skills
- Hands on learning
- Excellent food!
If you are interested in applying, please look over our program description and application form before applying.
Volunteers are also welcome to inquire about shorter and longer-term volunteer opportunities.
Thank you for your interest in our apprenticeship program and in the bright future of agriculture!